I have no idea why this dish is called a fool as it is an absolute delight to eat. Maybe because it’s so simple that even a fool can make it? Hmm
It’s everything you would want to eat as a summer dessert, or as a beautiful breakfast bowl – fresh, zingy, sweet and creamy at the same time – YUM.
This or Eton Mess are the go to desserts when entertaining in my opinion – it takes no time or effort whatsoever and you can use any ingredient that’s in season. For this one, I just went to the market and grabbed the freshest, most beautiful seasonal fruit I could get my hands on: Rainer cherries and local raspberries and gooseberries.
Summer Gooseberry & Rainer Cherry Fool
- 200g gooseberries
- 2tbsp unrefined cane sugaror more, according to tartness of gooseberries
- 150g raspberries
- 1handful Rainer cherries
- 500g yoghurtof your choice - I used soy
- raw honeyor sweetener of choice, optional
- shelled pistachiostoasted and crushed, optional
- meringuecrushed, optional
- Indonesian long grain pepper